Monday 16 July 2012

Pregnant Pause


I’d like to start by saying that neither Renee or myself are with child, I am merely referring to the fact that although the café will be on hiatus for a couple for months, we will be madly busy in expectation and planning of the wonderful things that are to come.  No that babies aren’t lovely and all that, but I’m very happy and blessed with my two, thank you very much.

Slow roasted pork or paneer skewers with painted hills potatoes and crispy salad were enjoyed by all last Friday.  Jenai was back in the dining room and Matthew had his maiden voyage in the kitchen.  Turns out, he had been hiding his light under a bushel and he is a great cook.  In fact, he will be guest cheffing for us in the autumn, in between climbing sheer rock faces, gigging and all the other amazingly cool things he does for fun which I really admire, but make me feel old!  All went well, with a steady stream of customers.  The clumsiness gremlins only made a brief appearance, but long enough for me to break 2 cafetieres and very nearly fall head first over the sofa.  Nobody was sitting on it at the time, fortunately.

So as the summer, well at least the school holidays, begin, we press the pause button on serving food on Fridays and shift into over-drive on getting everything perfect for the grand opening in October.  Thanks to all of you who have done the pilot journey with us. 
Watch this space…………WE’LL BE BACK.

No comments:

Post a Comment