Wednesday 29 August 2012

Somewhere a clock is ticking....


….and that place is right here: we should hear about our pivotal funding within the next 24 hours!  I am not saying pivotal merely to be prosaic, we will have to rethink pretty much everything if it doesn’t come in.  Partially because we have been awarded funds from another body on the proviso that we get significant financial backing from somewhere else too and partly because neither of us has a spare £8,000 under the bed, who does?!  My chest feels tight just thinking about it!

That said, Filling the Gap N15 will re-open on September 28th, come what may.  Even if it’s with the same bare bones of equipment that we ran the pilot with and even if we have to operate on a café to café basis; Renee and I will be there serving the healthy, affordable food you love, with a smile.

If that’s just too darn long to wait, you could always visit us at Capel Manor for the City Harvest Festival on Saturday September 22nd from 10am to 4pm.  Renee will be serving some delicious local, organic sausages with flat breads and salad and I’ll be rustling up some home-made cakey delights too.  It’s a very family friendly affair, so bring the kids to meet the animals and join in the fun.  Some friends of ours, Norman Loves Soup, will be there too, serving yummy vegan fare.  Hope you can make it.

On a slightly lighter note, hope you all had lovely summers.  Renee had fabulous weather in France, whilst my tent partially blew down in Devon!  Fortunately the local Cider and ruby red steak made up for it!  I mustn’t moan, I love the west county and we had tons of fun exploring beaches and rock pools during our week on Cornwall.  We didn’t camp for long and I’m not sure I ever will again.  The site and tent were lovely, but 4 days of being cold is more than I can stand.  Yes, I am a wuss who likes dry clothes and walls and roofs that are made of bricks!  Maybe I’ve just been living in the city too long, nah, not possible, I love it here.  Oh and thank you, Snow Patrol for the title!

No comments:

Post a Comment