Tuesday 30 October 2012

Friday, I'm in love

I can't quite believe that I haven't used that quotation yet!  I am almost disappointed in myself!

Maybe it's the slight groggy haze of minimal sleep from a combination of body clock mix up from 'falling back' and poorly 4 year old, or the fact that I am a little buzzed on brandy fumes from feeding the Christmas cake we made this afternoon, or perhaps it's just the fact that it's half term, so I get lots of lovely boy time; but I am feeling rather warm, fuzzy and blessed.  The people I care about in America have all escaped hurricane Sandy unscathed and I am thinking that I won't complain about the cold snap any more.

Friday was fun.  We had a small but efficient team and were busy but not rushed off our feet.  Perhaps it was  our subconscious awareness of the inset day at our childrens' school, but Renee and I ended up putting together a Sesame Street style alliterative menu!  Pork with provencal potatoes and coffee cake or cookies for dessert.  Big bird and Groover would be proud.  I have always thought of myself as a bit of a muppet!

The day was enjoyable because the steady pace enabled me to reflect on how blessed I am and to be grateful for it.  Of course it's hard work, but isn't everything that's worth doing?  I get to do a job that I care about in my own community with people that I like, that has some family flexibility.  Who knows, I might even get paid one day.  You cannot have it all.  After the craziness of the week before it felt good to gain perspective.  I do not doubt that the craziness will return, I certainly hope it does in terms of custom, I guess that's why it is good to take stock when we can.

I am off to enjoy the week with my gorgeous boys and buy lovely things for the opening event.  No cafe this week, but we'll be back on November 9th.  Happy half term.

No comments:

Post a Comment