Tuesday 2 October 2012

Here comes a regular


Perhaps this song reference is a little to sombre for the energetic, jovial occasion that was Friday’s reopening.  It is, however, a fantastic song and we did have a number of our fabulous regulars in attendance, so I am going to go with it.  I bet ‘The Replacements’ never dreamed they would be referenced in this context, it’s not very rock, roll maybe though! (Roll, sandwiches, get it?!)

Friday was great.  As I said, many of our delightfully regular friends (not a toilet reference) were in attendance and we had the pleasure of some new faces too.  Our leaflets and little red riding hood act worked also, and we sold some take away. Hooray!

Our lovely Jenai was ill, poor thing.  I had a colossal panic at 7am when I received this news, Jenai is more than friend and volunteer, she is my security blanket. Bless her for letting me know so early.  However, everything fell into place, as Giuliana, Grace and Loi, our newest volunteers, thank you Havco,HhH stepped up and filled the gap.  I am full of cheesy puns today, aren’t I?! They more than filled a gap, all three were wonderful in their own right and we could not have functioned without them. 

Renee and I feel truly blessed by the volunteering support we have received and since we have asked for it, it has kept on coming. It was a concern at first, but the trickle of interest has recently become a torrent. We are meeting 3 more willing and lovely people this week and have been offered some surplus veg from a neighbouring grower’s back garden – you don’t get much more local than that.  Like the pieces of a giant jigsaw it is all beginning to fit together.  I am thinking of creating a volunteer rota, which excites me more than it should, I do love a list. 

Looking forward to this Friday.  I wonder what goodies we will get from Fareshare this week?  It certainly keeps us creative and on our toes. I can confirm that dessert will be a retro themed, but still delicious, pineapple upside-down cake with custard.  Perfect for the chilly change in weather (cue heat wave for Friday.) 

Get well soon, Jenai because we love you, not just so you can come back to work!  She will not be pleased with me for doing this, but it does not feel right to blog today without wishing Renee a fabulous birthday.  Hope you day got more glamorous after the school run this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment